Wednesday 16 April 2014

Indies Restaurant

 
 
" But it's an Indian drive through, worse still, it's under a fast food concept "
Guilty as charged. Yup, I have to admit, I was being biased without even stepping in first. Anyway, we're here already and looking at the menu, again I have my doubts.
So many things, sure or not you can cook ?
 
 
 
 
Hariyali Kebab.
Thick , big chunks of chicken breast, marinated in green paste combo with a minty dip on the side. I'm impressed as the chunks are much larger than another operator opposite Flamingo Hotel albeit a bit on the dry side.
Nice.

 
Chicken Biryani.
Omg....I should have ordered this cos I kept stealing his rice.
And I love the yogurt coated salad. Sour but very addictive and mouthwatering.
Chicken kuah is a little on the sweet side, but I don't mind.
Warning : very heavily spiced, ala Arab style, which is perfect for me since I love Arab spices and food.
 
 
Capped off the meal by sharing an ice kacang between us.
What they serve here is a massive tower of ice. Seems a little too plain until you get to the syrups, and then it gets very yummy as you dig into bits of treasures like fresh pounded peanuts, tiny crushed wafter bits, dried fruit bonanza such as nutmeg strips etc etc.
 
 
 
Verdict : Yes, I would return
 
Damage : to me it's quite reasonable but bear in mind that there is a service tax
 
Peeves : flies and superiors chiding the lost looking staff ( please don't stress them out, you're making them panic although I can see they're trying but by labelling them as stupid loudly, doesn't really sit well with me )
 
Location : Look for Starbucks drive through along Jalan Tanjong Tokong. The outlet just beside it
 
 

No comments: