Tuesday 22 April 2014

Namli Gurme - Karakoy




Hung around the New Mosque waiting for the sunset before sauntering along the Galata Bridge into Karakoy. 




By the time I reached the other side, it was this dark. Yet compared to Aksaray metro last night ,only one chap tried to stop me in my tracks and get me to drink tea a couple of stories upstairs ( they'll make sure no single woman ever stays lonely in Istanbul ). When I walked back the same way after my meal , there he was, still trying to get me up to the roof to take pics from the balcony this time.
But he was ok, not so menacing, I can handle him. He won't stress me out enough into having to plan an escape route as he jabbers away.




Anyway, this was the only photo I snapped of the outlet cos the guy told me " No photo"
Some people may find their staff stuck up but I had no such problem.  
The waiters may maintain an air of aloofness but still, I was lucky enough to get 2 who went out of their way to help me pick my mixed platter ( sold by the weight mind you ) , get my utensils even though this is a strictly self service establishment, also get me a straw. Lolz was really asking for it.




Kindly disregard the drink, it is chilli cordial or something to that effect which I mistakenly ordered ( felt stupid )
Instead focus on my platter of mezes.
Good quality olive oil is used here.
Go try it , it's eye opening experience and I just love the atmosphere inside this outlet.


Location : Karakoy 

No comments: