Monday 21 July 2014

Some traditions cannot be explained



Someone on facebook shared this story about the boy whose body was warm yet he was shivering as if he had high fever. I had a similar experience many years back.

The weather was hot outside but I had to wear a thick winter jacket. I went for a check up at the local clinic but to my surprise , the doc told me, my temperature was normal. When I asked him how come I felt as if I was having high fever, he insinuated that it was in my head. 
Back home, my 2 well meaning neighbours did nothing to allay my fears that something was very wrong with me although the tests at the clinic showed up nothing.


" Dah kena buatan orang " said the Malay one.
" Yau yan cheng lei " said the Chinese one.
To be frank, I almost believed them.  But then, I decided to go to a Chinese Sinseh . Not once in my life, have I ever consulted them over anything but herbal mixes for soups .

He listened to what I had to say and then asked me the following question
" Did you get rainwater on your head during your post pregnancy pantang period "
I was shocked. Then I tried to recall. Oh yes, I was very keng, there was once I did nip down quickly to the shops when there was a slight drizzle. 

I nodded in embarassment. He didn't say anything but gave me a look that said it all. Then handed me a two packet herb dosage to boil as a soup.

Half believing I tried it and amazingly I was cured.  It came back again after 3 months but all I had to do was get the mix from the Sinseh to boil and drink After this incident, if western medicine finds nothing wrong with me, I know who to look for. 

No comments: