Wednesday 26 November 2014

Our Roman abode



These were the set of keys provided by our hotel. One key is for the main door downstairs after 10p.m., the other for our room. The keychain itself is like a trinket stash filled with sweet sounding bells , wood and metal beads held together by twin coloured leather strings.


One half feels like I'm couchsurfing in Paris again with Melanie and her Rolling Stone magazine (French edition mind you ) , writer boyfie .....the other feels like the door to a sister's quarters in a convent.


Yep, no more shared bunkers for me. There was one night where I opened my eyes, right here in Rome as well, only to find a young girl hovering over me. Don't know if she wanted to steal something from me , but that frightened the hell out of her, she quickly jumped back into her bed and pretended to sleep. Spent the rest of the nights lying firmly on my tum.
 Private room it is.


With attached bath that comes with working hot water.
Yes.


Opened up the windows and this was the view from our room


After checking it out, the unpacking began. 
Separated my cash, kept my passports safely. Unloaded cameras and all that I was not willing to loose on the streets.
Mighty important due to rife pickpocketing. No such problem last time. 
Special bra with velcro pochettes, money bag which I said I wouldn't wear but did in the end because it was sold so dirt cheap at Daiso, decoy bag . 
Check, check and check.
Ok, oriental twin of Jason Bourne,  we're all set to take on the city.

Location : Hotel Mimosa, Rome

No comments: