Saturday 29 November 2014

Posting my postcard of Pope Francis


Even in the age of the social media, posting a good old fashioned postcard from the Vatican City is still something I want to do.
But my goodness, since when did the Poste Vaticane go mobile ? Such an ugly garish presence that mars the vista if you ask me.



Not many people. Let's get in line. Two counters open, pretty cramped. 
Tourists from China pounced on the most expensive First Day covers and philately with such wide eyed urgency, it kinda makes me feel inadequate at first, but I'll get over it.


The guy behind the counter was quite chatty with the old lady before me. They got on like a house on fire but when it came to me, he was curt , all prim and proper. Hmmmm



From this stamp alone , I now know the correct 
title of the Pope. 
Papa Francesco Anno II - MMXIV .
If you need a ballpen and didn't bring one with you, they will SELL you one . So make sure you bring a pen with you unless you also want a pen from the Vatican City post office as a souvenir


There, the postcard of Pope Francis which I selected.


In it goes. Keep my fingers crossed it will reach home, if not at least I have a picture of it.


Toilet check. Postcard check.
Next we wait for Pope Francis to appear and bless us from the window.
What a beautiful day this is going to be .


Location : Vatican City

No comments: