Sunday 21 December 2014

Pasticceria & Gelateria dei Gracchi - mini zabione


Had no inkling that this was a branch of what was reputed to be the best old school gelateria's in Rome. What brought me in was a Tripadvisor sticker on the shop window


See the cute mini ice creams in the middle ? 
Of all things I chose this based on the price alone. Cost just 1€. Said to be meant for kids , I took a few nips after cracking the chocolate shell and almost tipped into the drain. Look, I didn't know at the time that zabione was a dessert made with sweet wine. Yes, it's true, I can confirm that there's alcohol inside because after that I scooped up the ice cream man in my arms and gave him a big kiss . ( No I didn't ) 


He on the other hand went for ( of all flavours) honeydew .
Miffed. Gosh he hates honeydew and so do I but he thinks it's gonna taste like the Korean ice cream brand when clearly it tasted exactly like the fruit itself . Ugh. Because the honeydew was such a turn off, it didn't help in complementing the Pistachio packed pistachio flavour one bit.


Other than feeling a bit more naughty, I have to admit that this mini Zabione is worth coming back for



But as for the milky creamy gelatos they are known for, honestly , I'd rather go elsewhere.



Location : Via di Ripetta , Rome 

No comments: