Thursday 5 March 2015

Why some prefer to takeaway


The last time I ordered Tai Lok Mee , my other half polished half the steaming plate and left us with a miserable amount to share between us. We were still hungry after that while he was happy and contented. Demmit.
Back for vengeance, I've got it figured out. I'm gonna have to order more ! Tonight yes !
Last time I ordered Tai Lok Mee for 2 , Hokkien Char Beehoon for 1 person and Crispy Sang Meen for 1 also . This was how the order went today.


Muah : Give me one Tai Lok Mee for 3 persons

Old man : Ok

Muah : Add on one Hokkien Char Beehoon for 2 people

Old man : ( He nods )

Muah : Um , I also want one Crispy Sang Mee for one pax

Old man : How many people are seated at your table ?

Muah : 3

Old man : Haaaahhh ??????

Muah : ( WTH ???? )

Busybody Stranger next to me : ( starts laughing) 

Muah : Well , we are big eaters !

Which reminds me of the time I went to order a variety of Loh Bak from the hawker . When she brought the platter over to our table she gave us a puzzled look. We stared back at her in disbelief when she deposited 8 chopsticks for our table of 4. Because according to her , we had ordered enough food for 8 people. Embarassing or what ?  Geez.

Conclusion : Maybe this is why some people prefer to takeaway rather than eat in. 

No comments: