Wednesday 1 April 2015

GST for Dummies - from The Star Graphics


I think the world of our Malaysian cartoonists. They're smart , sarcastic and so creative it makes me feel so sexay lol. Totally out of topic and context , I know .

Take these illustrations by Hassan Bahri and Mohd Izudin Ismail of The Star Graphics called 
" Life From April 1 "

This 3 column spread is a keeper. Wonder if I can get it laminated.









Because I am a The Star subscriber , please don't go believing I am rich. Sometimes ,some people tick the wrong columns in surveys to make themselves feel better , get what I mean ? Somewhat akin to what the huge magnitude of tax evaders in the country have done to start the GST ball rolling. Like those who crank their electricity meters and cause the entire neighbourhood to black out. Now we've all got to pay for it. 




So basically, what GST means is , errant traders are open to us flushing them out and bringing them to the attention of the Customs and yeah , of course Income Tax department . 
Like squealing on pirate software .




You've seen the cute illustrations above.
Call these numbers and report them .
Don't tell me you are going to pay their taxes for them this time ?
In any case , file a complaint with the government. Here is the link.


No comments: