Sunday 29 November 2015

Given away



Picked these miniature silver Chinese ingots up today.
See , they're so tiny , they're even smaller than the old 5 sen coin below .
Will tell you in a bit just what transpired , for me to hunt these hand crafted collectibles down .







Many , many years ago , I purchased 2 sets of collectible miniature handcrafted silverware from this silversmith pictured below.

Melanie , the lovely French lady from Paris has the teapot and cup set, because I gave it to her ....while I kept the cute wok , stove , fish , cover and ladle set for myself . It was so dirt cheap back then because nobody in this region appreciated silver before Pandora . I'm dead serious .

Out of complete ignorance , I stepped into his shop today looking for the same set . I wasn't looking for the flask .
This uncle almost made me faint when he told me someone offered him MYR 8,000 .....that's EIGHT THOUSAND RINGGIT for that set you see below !


Source : The Star Online


I said 
" WHAAAATTTTT ?????" 
so loud it blew away all the cobwebs in his shop .
" OH NO ! BUT I GAVE IT AWAAAAYYYY !!!! "

He told me to go get it back from her . I told him where she lived and his shoulders went down for a moment before he opened his guest book .
He'd become so famous worldwide , his customers came from as far as Mexico to Balik Pulau just to buy THAT set !



Source : Eatingasia.typepad.com



Because of his old age , he doesn't produce the teapot , flask and wok set anymore . Therefore , the price of silver trinkets in his shop has since skyrocketed ! 

Needless to say , I picked those silver ingots up from another place . But oh my gosh , if you have either one of those sets , please keep them safe . This silversmith is so famous even Ernest Zacharevic has painted him !


Location : Penang 

No comments: