Friday 27 November 2015

Someone once tried to sell me....


Fresh from reading Bitt DoubleIS's post just now ,which I find so true and somehow touches a similar chord in me , I feel I have to pen this down .

This year especially, I've shoved my travel plans in the backburner .
All the crazy shit that's been going on in the world has really gotten to me. 

My number one deterrent used to be crime and to a certain extent xenophobia, spreadable diseases and seasonal weather annoyances . Not protests nor currency issues . I got no problem with that . Then ( excuse me but this may be taboo but let's just get it out in the open now ) my other concern in recent years , was to avoid destinations where China tourists are flowing in by the masses . But I'll not get into naming those places . Just won't see me there anymore . Have witnessed enough horrible incidences to put me off quite a bit thank you . Really have no problem with China citizens , just hate coming into contact with the crazy tourists and rude service staff . Let me get that straight before you launch into a anglophile tirade. 

But now with rising Islamaphobia ( don't think you are not affected even if you are not Muslim ) , the refugee crisis , global terrorist attacks , the threat of war ever looming and that US travel advisory effective till almost the end of February 2016 ... ok , I tell you what , I'm taking a breather .

Until it gets a little bit better , I will be looking at safer destinations domestically and regionally ( but that depends on where too ! )






In the meantime , this is actually a good time to reflect and remember. 

(Oh who am I kidding. Once you've got the travel bug you will be so itching to move , right ? )
Anyway , let's con myself right now and make up for it with a very short flashback.

He was GQ material in my eyes . Dutch. Very tall , dark , handsome ....and sitting in front of me. 
My host's buddy. I was this close to fainting. He was that good looking. 

Then he took out something from his jacket and showed me some glass vials filled with liquid. 

Mr. GQ was trying to sell me pheromones.

That moment I realised one thing .
" He really has no freaking idea how hot he looks " 
And so I leaned closer , focused straight down those beautiful eyes and told him this .

" You know , you REALLY don't need this "

He gave me a startled look . Hasn't anyone ever complimented him before ?

And..... I'll leave it at that . Nothing developed even though he tried to pursue me the next day ( oh yes he did and I guess it's my fault for deciding to flatter him a bit ) simply because I didn't respond . He was pissed but I was and am still very married. 
So very end of true story .


No comments: