Sunday 14 February 2016

Miyatake Sanuki Udon - EmQuartier


Sometimes , I sniff out a place , like literally . By the smell wafting out of the kitchen alone , it reminded me of one very delicious Udon stop in Odaiba , Tokyo . Very , very familiar aroma detected by muah .
And to justify the authenticity of it all , there were some single male Japanese diners slurping it up wholeheartedly .

Ok . That does it . We're definitely having some .





Still , I had my reservations and that's how we ended up with this very modest initial order .

While I found the lava eggs a disappointment , the tempura flour coating it on the other hand was like....oh man , some fireworks went off in my head and we went back first to add on some prawn tempura . Then whaddaya know , we had to do justice to the Kake udon ( the one in the absolutely deeeeeeeelicious dashi based soup which made me fly to udon heaven )
that by the time we went back to the counter again , I swear the staff chuckled at us !

Yep , enjoyed this so much so , that before going back we made a mad dash here for yet another fix because airfare to Tokyo costs good money . So this will definitely help satiate the craving ! 

Bottoms up. Nothing left . Not even a drop .




If you must know , their noodles are imported from Kagawa on Shikoku Island which is super famous for its Sanuki Udon . Guess that's why I enjoyed it so much , even though I only found out about this fact , when back in Malaysia .

Price : very modest

Taste of the dashi soup broth : SO NICE !   

Noodle texture : authentic 

Range : more than the above , they have clam noodles , beef noodles and some of the nicest tempura selection around ( which you can ask the staff to help reheat for you if I am not mistaken )


Location : EmQuartier , Bangkok 


No comments: