Saturday 30 April 2016

ANA Mileage Club Card


I can only recall applying for 2 membership cards which have to be received via snail mail .
The first is a Starwood hotels card which I never even used when I stayed at the Le Meridien and Double Tree Hilton .

Now this is the second .
From the postage chop you can see that it came all the way from Japan and contains not only a letter with the card proper , but also a very useful information brochure ( so we don't have to keep logging onto the net to check it out ) .





Here's what the card looks like .
A Star Alliance member just like my Turkish Airlines card ( I got that on the spot at the airport )




Seeing how rarely I ever use those miles cards , I think I probably get more joy out of owning the card .

Think that's nuts ?
Well , some time back I had a talk with one well travelled Reliance outlet manager and when the conversation led to miles cards , he threw his hands up and said he gave up on collecting points already . Seeing how much he'd flown, he was quite pissed over the missing points due to him .

I'm thinking , maybe we're the type of peeps , that aren't so well versed or concerned with the ins and outs required to accumulate miles .
I hardly ever monitor or chase after them .

More interested in just putting it away as a part of my card collection .



No comments: