Monday 30 May 2016

Hana No Yu - the Super Spa


Finally went for my first Japanese public bath experience .....oh my gosh .

Yes , I had chickened out many times before on various occasions throughout the years  but this time , I wasn't leaving Narita without checking this off my list .






If you do not know what is required , no worries . 

Even I was in a daze because as soon as the receptionist led me to the locker area which was just next to the drying area and a water cooler , all the flowers of various shapes and sizes, were wandering around without a stitch on .

This was what went through my head at the time .....
OMG....am I in a nudist camp ?
 Why does that white woman have to drink water from the cooler totally naked ? 
Geez I have never seen sooooo many naked Japanese women going about their business in a locker room before ....
screammmmm !!!!! 

 Blinked 3 times before coming to terms with the situation .

I have to take off my clothes in front of everyone  right in front of the locker .
I have to take OFFFF everything without looking.
I have to take it off but why are some of them staring at me....huhuhuhu

After a short eternity in limbo, I faced the locker , took off everything like it was the most normal thing to do in front of other naked people , pushed everything inside in a hurry and quickly rushed to the only private available space away from prying eyes .....the loo !





Of course I didn't stay in there forever. Cost me close to a thousand yen ....we're gonna soak alright .

Tried all the pools , there were 4 indoors and 5 outdoors .
Got jetted , jacuzzied , lightly electrocuted ( I'm not kidding ) , Tourmalined also herbalised with something that looked like a giant rempah sup packet in a pool ...tried various degrees of hot water treatments , one beautifying soak , 2 kinds of sauna and 2 types of ice baths .






You can say that Hana No Yu is like a small scaled Szechenyi in Budapest .
Not only quite interesting with open air baths , pool massage jets are quite good but the soak effective too, because I never once spotted any hint of cellulite on any of the bathers fat or thin . 

How to get there : 
Give yourself an hour from the airport if you come via bus . A cab would be better if you are pressed for time .

Verdict : very relaxing and beautifies skin

Website :
http://www.hananoyu-narita.com/english/

No comments: