Saturday 28 May 2016

Marriot Courtyard - Newark



By the 8th of May , this nomad  spent one night here .






Marriot Courtyard in Newark , Silicone Valley 






Outwardly it looks very motel like in appearance thus when I opened the door and looked inside ...
wow , I wasn't expecting this in the least .





Super like the bedcover . 




Same goes for the sofa .
Nice !



Found the side table a bit odd.
Thought it resembled a short ironing board.






Pool and jacuzzi view from my room .
Was quite late as you can see , yet there were people soaking with a beer in hand .





What it looks like during the day .
You wouldn't have guessed it were psychedelic last night . Hah .





Back to the room at hand , there was one surprise after the next .
Starting with this chair ...




....and no ordinary kettle once again . Geez .




Full length mirror at the wardrobe area..





Back home , most times we have to request an ironing board , here , so far all the places I've stayed at are bound to have an iron , ironing board and hairdryer ( except for the kettle grrrr )





Moving onto the bathroom .
Tub felt like a joke . Turns out it was adequate , just real low that's all .




Love the dresser ...




....with a chic close up mirror ...




...as well as some scrumptious bath products .
I was afraid of catching human lice , thus a thorough scrub down was neccessary and the Lemon Sage range by Teatree , not only made me feel real good , it was exactly what I needed .
Mmmm....mmmm.





Tour guide had warned us about carelessly pressing the telly button more than twice .
A bill would be your parting gift tomorrow if you did that .





Pieces of art were hung most everywhere. This  for instance, was next to the console ...




.....whereas they placed this behind the sofa ....




There was even a framed piece for you to mull over while doing your big ( or small ) business , not forgetting the large one at the desk outside .




Found this placed on the table beside the bed .
No caffeine after 2 p.m. ? Or blue lights before bed ?
Wow don't we learn something new everyday huh ?





Extremely cozy and happy after the soak and scrub , I may have nodded off but sleep wasn't fun as we had to wake up real early the next morning .





While everyone was on time ,
I spent a few minutes looking for a charging point in the spacious lobby , that would accomodate my bulky adaptor 




....another angle of the lobby...




...yet another ( where I finally located a suitable point too late )
Starbucks counter is on the right , near the window




In case you want to stay here , there's a tiny store in this corner




But as much as I like the room and the hotel , I'd need to self drive here in order to stay .
Probably won't happen in the near future , as it is out of the way . 







Seeing how it enjoyed my very short stay here , since there are plenty of Courtyards around , I might considering booking into them only if the location is right for me .


Location : Silicone Valley , USA 

No comments: