Wednesday 29 June 2016

Down Lombard Street with two offended guides


When the guide took us to Lombard Street , I was not prepared for the slope nor her eventual slide afterwards .







Still , I went onwards and when I turned back to look wow ! there's the tower featured in Planet of the Apes and San Andreas . 
Called the Coit Tower , it was not in the itinerary .
What a shame .






Anyhow , I pushed on . Huffing and puffing all the way up .






This isn't even that steep .
Steep is the road leading up to Seoul Tower , now that's a killer but I've done that too .







What's so famous about this place is the winding street above , said to be the most crooked street in the world . 

However , I've put up the white flag and this is as far as I will go .
Reminds me of HK .






By the time I'd finished taking pics 
, she looked as if she was ready to chew alive and spit out another tour guide .

Out of concern for his safety , she touched him lightly on the arm to let him know that he was blocking traffic .
He , a Korean tour guide , responded by staring at her fiercely before rounding it off with a disgusted
" don't touch me ! " tone .




Basically , that set her off and everytime they bumped into one another at yet another tourist attraction , she went on a rant , pointing out  his anti social behaviour to yet more guides .
If you think this is unprofessional , I've come across worse but this is certainly the first time , I am coming into contact with a combative one who reacts badly because she hates anyone who shouts at her or talks to her rudely. 
Wasn't a one off , the bus driver was eventually going to bear the brunt of doing exactly that .







From the stuff she uttered , I gather that there is a reason why Koreatown and Chinatown aren't too near each other . 

Imagine if every oriental soul practised the tit for tat concept of " you find fault with me therefore I find fault with you " .....the hostile environment might not only rock the boat but also open up a whole new fault line .


Location : San Francisco 

No comments: