Wednesday 1 June 2016

Shake Shack - 8th Avenue , New York


First time I saw a Shake Shack was in Vegas but I didn't go in because I wanted to try the Earl of Sandwich .

When I walked a little way off Times Square and saw this amazingly looooooong line , that did it....I was gonna give it a go .







The line oh my gosh , snaked in all the way but hey , they hand out menus from the outside itself , so you have absolutely no excuse to waste precious time , once you reach the order taker ( whom you have to pay of course )

Being clueless , I asked this girl in front of me " what's good ? "
. She turned out to be a vegetarian yet she was in here because she wanted to get her mushroom burger. From the way she described it to me , my tummy started rumbling lol .
" My friends say the beef burgers are the best " said she .




Before you complete your order , the cashier will ask you for your name , and upon payment , you'll be handed this buzzer.
Simply to wait for it to vibrate before moving in front to the next counter where you'll collect your order .
At this point because there will be other people nearby , do listen out for your name to be called .





I started off with the Shack Stack Burger .
Oh my gawd , the beef was sooooo damn good and the salty Portobello mushroom in batter was so darned addictive I came back every single day for more .

Tried the Shack burger next , then a Hamburger plus Shack Cago hot dog ( too salty for me ) and Vanilla Milkshake which was crazy delish and just tasted soooo uplifting and managed to reenergise me even in the cold weather .

Below is how the eat in tray looks like . There's hardly any seats available so I did takeaways which come in a brown bag with the burger packed the same way ....open ! 






Last night before flying off , I went for a Double Hamburger .
Which turned out to be pure heaven ! 

Luckily I don't live near a Shake Shack or else I would probably end up looking like a burger too !

Verdict : Beef burgers to die for 

Vegans : even they rave about the Shroom Burger .

Location : near Times Square , Theater District , New York 


No comments: