Thursday 25 August 2016

Mistaken for a cewek




Was with this friendly ibu from Sumatra when she WhatsApped her daughter and told her that she was with a cewek . 

I looked around . Surely she can't be referring to me  ?
" Shiapa cewek yang mama bilang di sana ya ? "
Her eyebrows shot upwards , she pointed her finger towards me and said to me in English 
" You ! " 
and then proceeded to slap my arm .

Oh gosh you know this type of ibu eh ? She wants to be the ibu to every cewek and boy will she rise to the occasion for you .

Anyway , I did explain to her once again as to how old I was , since I thought that maybe she was trying to butter me up .
Much later , she asked me which college I was attending .

Get outta here !! 
Oh my . She really means it ?

Of course not everyone can be fooled but if you wanna fool some people like that Ibu , just to give your ego a boost lol , take 2 of these pills daily . 








This didn't happen overnight . I did not just start taking jamu recently but have been taking it from my teens  . 

There are other brands available out there , but since I started with Indonesian jamu , I have not switched to Malaysian  alternatives .
Sometimes I take Mustika Ratu , other times , whatever is recommended by the seller . Always in pill form as I cannot stomach the bitterness of liquid jamu .

So far , I find that this brand works . 

Perhaps sometimes a little too well especially when an Indonesian ibu mistakes you for a cewek .



No comments: