Friday 23 September 2016

Souvenir buying back home


 Bought most of my souvenirs from Vegas , with a big chunk of it coming from Planet Hollywood .
This pill box pictured below , was the odd one I got off a shop by the strip .
Along the way , I picked up two native items ( a rockface magnet as well as a personalized ballpen ) from Arizona and a just one very low quality tee shirt ( clothes from Turkey are ten thousand times better ) after a mad dash past Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood Boulevard .

But by the time we reached San Francisco , and I realised that most items sold in the shops not only were made in China , but were basically repetitions with changes in the name of the state one was in , that was when I decided to completely stop buying .

Over the years I have been contemplating the next silly move ....
which is to buy my souvenirs when I get back home .
Seeing how one pays a bomb for something which is mass produced in the same place , which is China , yet which we know we can get at the fraction of the price when we touch down back home , unless they are special commemorative edition products , why not ?

While I regret getting the Eiffel Tower replica which is available almost anywhere you look , and some other junk souvenirs I cannot even recall , items like those that are handmade by artisans and craftswomen or unique to theme park anniversaries , stamp launches or sporting events are what I never hesitate to pick up .





Anyway , in the following post , I will show you the nice American themed items I found in Malaysia , as well as the price .
Featuring just 2 items first , will add on more along the way . 

Route 66 , 2 layer metal box with clasp . RM 6.50


Harley Davidson 2 layer metal tin with clasp .
RM 6.50 also .




Las Vegas tin RM 3.50



Are you even surprised that I found the majority of it in Daiso ?
Not on US soil but back in Penang .
I did purchase the entire white cat condiment range in Anaheim though since the stocks weren't available here yet ( they are everywhere now lol )

1. Small wooden Statue of Liberty serving tray 


2. San Francisco themed gift box 



3. Tenugui cloths with 2 different flag patterns and another showing all iconic representations .


4. California standing tin plate 



5. New York kitchen hanging metal plate 



6. New York 
Bicycle Shop cork board sign 



7. Brooklyn

Corkboard sign . Nice for photogs



8. New York 

Ladies half stocking



Will add on more items later . 


Location : Malaysia 

No comments: