Tuesday 25 October 2016

Look before you eat


He's the one that usually goes and gets the snacks and goodies .
And it was also him that cut it open .
He popped one into his mouth and then I put my uninvited hand in the opening to fish out one for myself .

As I was proving to be a distraction , he shoved the pack in my direction .

That's when I peered in and ....gasp !!!!
Oh mai gawds !!!!!
Is that what I think it is ? 
Is that a fingernail ???????

Tried to fish it out but it fell to the bottom . Thus I had to take all the contents out to see if it really was what I thought it was .





Silent screammmmm !!!!!




Was so grossed out that I called the customer careline number printed on the packaging .
The receptionist passed me to one department personnel before that lady took my number and said she would ask their lawyer to call me back .

Say what ?

From that kind of response , is it safe to assume that this happens a lot or they've been sued off their pants before or what ?




Anyway , long story short , their lawyer eventually contacted me and got all the details from me and told me that there would be a token for my feedback . 
They just want the whole thing back from me to conduct an investigation over .

Fine . Whatever .

What bothers me is , both the lawyer and personnel were not concerned about getting the batch number which I had taken note of so , dear readers , if I were you , you'd better look inside those foil packed snacks before you eat .
More so , since the companies seem to be only interested in not getting into trouble with us or the authorities , instead of undertaking the mammoth task of retracing and taking the possibly less hygienically packed batches involved ,off the shelves .

Logistically speaking of course it would be a nightmare , but by taking the step of protecting themselves first and only , is a foolish step which will backfire and shoot them in the foot , if they are one day eventually cornered by customers from other less forgiving countries .


Location : Malaysia

No comments: