Wednesday 7 December 2016

Polyester or viscose as a base layer


Update 15th December 2016 : 
it works . Enough said .

Earlier post :

Been looking for a base layer .

Hence the sudden interest in label reading and material composition .
Actually , I'm reading labels like mad these days , more like . 

Says below 95% Viscose , 5% Elastane.
Which sounds like a death wish for a base layer but wait till you see what I found via google .






 When I first put it on , the turtleneck not only felt so good , it made me look so darned yummy . Paired with a separate pair of tights , since my upper body is now much smaller than my lower body , the result was so 60's , so catsuit like , I was so pleased yet at the same time I had to be sure if I was doing the right thing or taking a risk .


The picture below is taken from Three Dots  , who is selling the ( same ! ) turtleneck with the exact same material make, at a higher price tag , I think I truly got lucky cos mine just cost MYR 25 . Using it to give you an idea that less can be more . 

Something I learnt while lining up for Jimmy Fallon show tickets . It was so cold ( when it shouldn't have been those first 3 days of mine in NYC ) that I was amazed seeing how miss number one in line , was dressed so minimally yet hardly suffering like the rest of us .

Besides ,I have a few problems in relation to base layering

1. I cannot stand fleece next to my skin . It makes me sweat like crazy once I enter a warmer sphere .

2 . Neither can I take wool . Surely I will itch and be so uncomfortable , it WILL stress me out . That's why I'm looking at Polyester first . Viscose .....I wasn't really sure about .

3. Did I tell you I sweat very easily ? A lot ? Really , really a lot ? Which can smell unpleasant . And which will eventually make me feel really shitty with zero mood and no confidence 

4 . Absolutely cannot buy those whole sets sold in travel stores , since my top is now smaller than my bottom . Thus the leg and butt would fit , but the arms would be so loose , it will defeat the purpose .

5. Which leads to the next problem which some shops pose . Those with a "no trying" policy . Whoever denies me the right to try it on , you're off my list .






In case you think I've lost my marbles , I've done minus 22 before .
But I was padded up like the Michelin Midget and had a lug of whisky before a very rushed in and out of the cold .

Since viscose is considered a no no by most , I did some googling and lo and behold , I found one ski brand base layer with the exact composition as above .
95% viscose , 5% elastane .
At £150 . Yeah . Really .

Goodbye polyester . Hello viscose .

I took 2 . Just to be on the safe side .
Whether this is sheer stupidity on my part or not , only time will tell .






1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did the viscose base layer work out?