Wednesday 18 January 2017

Debenhams - British brand made in ...


It was a late night shopping event advert on the local radio that got to me .
Thus I decided to go snoop a bit in here today before the event proper began . The bargains I found made me end up going through the racks for 3 hours straight !
Phew !
So pleased with my stash which otherwise would have cost me a fortune . The price of which I paid for , one would never be able to get it even at a low priced hypermart . 




Still remember the buzz I felt , the first time I walked through their Oxford Street store and bought a full winter jacket off the rack for less than 70 ringgit ! On Oxford Street ? Holy guacamole !
Followed by the feeling of immense awesomeness when they opened their first Malaysian outlet in Kuala Lumpur .

Yet sometimes , I feel that foreign retailers should stay that way . Overseas . 
They should just stay put and not open outlets in other countries . Because the magic kind of gets lost somewhere along the way .

Morever , the bubble was further broken , when I decided to inspect the label .
Ah , yes , if everything is not made in China , these days , it is made in Vietnam or .....Bangladesh .

Those pieces of Debenhams , I spent 3 hours selecting is made in Bangladesh . 
Ok . Gonna let that sink in now .

Location : Penang 

No comments: