Wednesday 18 January 2017

K-Pot ( Prima Tanjung ) - authentic Korean comfort food in Penang


There are two or three K-Pots between Tanjong Bungah and Prima Tanjong . The outlet I am referring to is the one in Prima Tanjung , just 2 doors away from that lovely Aji Noren which reminds me of dark nights darting in and out of hidden food alleys in the more serene parts of Tokyo .


The instant we sat down and got handed the menu , without asking , the staff delivered a chilled pinenut  tea to us in this manner . 
 Notice that there is one teabag in the whole receptacle . 


There's nothing fancy about the restaurant. Despite it being a no frills concept , they do provide a play bucket which seems to be a child magnet should you sit in this corner like I did . Against the wall is a Korean family who engaged the owner in small talk .  



As this is my first time here , I was a little nervous , not knowing what to expect and hoping for the best .

3 banchan dishes preceeded the meal we have ordered and I have to say I was a little crestfallen when I saw this at first .
But my worry turned to naught . The kimchi is so authentic , stinky , tasty , tangy and crunchy , I could eat a whole tub of this the whole day and die happy after that .



Before I actually took a bite of the kimchi , we waited till everything has arrived before tucking in .




One good start deserves another .... kimchi soup which I added tuna in turned out to be Da Bomb ! Best I ever had ! 
At RM 17 , the bowl looks pathetic and tiny , but once you begin to dig in , fuuuhhh , the spice will slap you in the face and push you into an abyss of where delicious is the only word that goes through your head as you fall further and further to the point of no return . 
Fantastic ! Just what I need most on such a cold night as this .




Pork topped rice .
If you have no appetite , this WILL make you a hungry zombie again . It's so darned addictive , you will loose all self control and launch into that steaming , fluffy hot , short grained rice like it were the last day of your life and this were the last , most satisfying meal you ever want to have !
From a mere need to eat , the entire combo filled us with such greed and desire , pleasured by pain from the spicy orgasmic heat and flavour combinations , I have to tell all the other Korean operators that
" we have a winner , yall can now pack your bags and go home folks "



I'm really getting hungry again after seeing these pics , thus I'll leave you with the rest of the pictures I took .
The next few show photos of the various dishes all plastered onto the window .








This is the shop entrance you should be looking for ...


....and these are the operating hours during Chinese New Year 2017 .



Verdict : Mouthwatering

Price : reasonable

Location : Prima Tanjung , Penang 

No comments: