Thursday 22 June 2017

Brussels Beer Café - table for four


By the time we realised that we had definitely overordered , perched on the high chair area right in the corner , we made a quiet resolve to systematically remove some plates bit by bit because if you assembled them all at once , it would have looked like we had just been let out of prison .

Right , let's see what we shared amongst ourselves .

Beer Food Platter comprising ...
Blind finches ( I could drink the sauce provided together with it , all day , and get drunk on that alone lolz ), roast pork ( mouthwatering crackling skin is always such a bonus ) , squid tentacles , smoked duck breast ( fantastic ! ) , Belgian frites .




Moules Mariniere .
Air flown live mussels steamed with white wine , garlic , celery , onions .
These moluscs were not chewy , when you bite into it , it is as soft as just cooked local oysters , so that was a surprise indeed . 

Was told that some Belgians were surprised to find this dish available here . Apparently , the sauce will be retained and used to cook pasta after that .



Garlic bread on the side accompanied the mussels in a pot .

We also had some sauerkraut on the side , ( an additional order ) but somehow I forgot to take the pic . 
We've learnt to pair them with our mains whenever possible since I personally experienced a very positive reaction to my body ( despite all that pork , and all that fat , I miraculously lost weight because I ate a lot of sauerkraut with almost every meal ) during my short trip in Germany last winter .



Braised Beef Ribs marinated in
Tennet's Stout , served with Belgian stoemp ( a sharp potato mix mash ) 
, gherkins ( these were light and sweet , not overtly sour nor spicy ) and few cute halved cherry tomatoes .

Me , I actually cook Beef with stout at home in the crock pot , so it did taste similar , but the boys whacked it like it was a special home made dish .
Costing almost a hundred ringgit , I've never actually tried popping a whole rack in the pot , maybe I'll try it one day , but this was tender with sticky ligaments in all the right places .
Perfect for those meat lovers in your midst ! The portion is so excuse me but I have to say this , sooo barbaric , it brings out the inner beast in the cavemen in your life to go tuck in and rip away at full speed !




Pork Lasagna .

Creamy noodle almost drove me mad , baked till the edges curl up like parchment paper , not too salty ....in spite of this dish being rather plain overall , I somehow got madly addicted to it and just could not stop pinching from the plate !



The end .
Burps!!!

Location : Gurney Paragon Mall 

No comments: