Wednesday 23 August 2017

Nerdy frames - I like


Usually when I select a new pair of spectacles , I try to get the largest size possible . It's been that way with me from the time I first starting wearing 'em . When the frame gives up on me due to damage most times , I give the optician orders to show me smaller frames that he can cut and fit the old specs into . 

But now seeing how my face seems to be slimming down till my old ugly ( what I call the pair of specs you see me wearing in the post just before this one , my habit of recycle cutting is how I ended up with such a tiny frame ) keeps sliding off my nose bridge until I really look like a nenek ,  a new pair is necessary .

 It turns out that large round frames are currently in favour . I tried them but they don't seem to suit my face thus I settled for this squarish , what I presumed to be a barracuda type of  frame , more suited to matured oriental women such as muah .




However , when I got back to the boys and put them on , apparently this rather mundane and muted purple seaweed tortoise shell design , was such a departure from my quirky tastes in the past , this was what happened .

The koochi moochi asked me this 
" are you trying to look younger ? "
To which I shot back and told him a firm
" No .....why do you say that ? "

" Well , cause this is the first time I'm seeing you in a non ghastly non shocking non ugly frame , which looks so um ....tell me , are you going for the nerdy look or hwwwwhat ? "

I guess so ? 
but I kept that answer in my head . Wonder where he honed all these interrogative skills from hmmmm.....

The squashable insect , was implying that it was too proper for my usually old and improper state of mind as well as fashion sense ( the gall of this fella ).
He's lucky he's my son or.... or... or... I will....oh never mind .

Location : Penang

No comments: