Wednesday 27 September 2017

Alamak Nasi Lemak - Gottlieb Road


On a dark stretch of road , this sign is an attention grabbing tool .



The stall itself is located next to a kopitiam that has closed for the day .



Here's the food and drinks menu 


Let's say you want toast at an unearthly hour , well , they have it here too !


For me , what's really good is the plain nasi lemak with sambal ( notice that I am emphasizing on plain although I cannot do without meat on a meal to meal basis ) , as well as the lemongrass drink .
Very pleasant , not like those you get in spas .
Others with me loved the coconut shake ....


...but if you ask me what I think of their nasi lemak goreng special , um , even though I eat very oily foods , but this is way too oily for me even , so I'll pass .


Also , just when I think they are locals , instead of the usual mee goreng with the wet yellow noodles , they offer patrons Indomie goreng instead . Which is quite a bummer for a true blue Mamak supper enthusiast such as muah .



If I'm sounding less than perky as usual , you can blame it on the 2 out 3 thumbs down shown up there in those pics .
I wasn't expecting a super oily nasi goteng , nor an Indomie goreng at all .
Which is not how our supper usually ends . It usually ends with all of us satisifed and happy. Not in this case though .
Anyhow , this joint is pretty popular so you can always check it out and prove me wrong .

Location : Jalan Gottlieb , Penang

No comments: