Thursday 19 October 2017

Dressing up Deepavali


 Spent a good part of today trying to scramble together an outfit for the day . Yes , it's Deepavali but I wasn't about to go to Little India and try on a ton of clothes , so I improvised . Sort of .
A lot of times , I truly end up looking like a disaster and well this one's rare , I think it actually works . 
Now will you excuse the shoes .



There's the harem pants I was talking about earlier . Paired it with a one shoulder fitting tank top , 



put a sequinned mini shawl across the bare shouldered side , capped both my wrists with a couple of bracelets



 ...one DIY-ed from a pendant and a chain ( see picture above ) , 
below is another DIY project ( not too proud of this ) .... I combined an anklet I got from Mumbai with a dollar store necklace ,



hoop earrings 



and those awfully hot pink shoes .

As you can see , I'm definitely shaping up , but then again , like I said , the scales do not show that .
So in this case , place your trust in what the mirror and your clothes fit tells you , and take time out to enjoy the festive period , even if nobody you know celebrates it but you wanna .
Am I making any sense ?
Life is beautiful , celebrations are wonderful and if we decide to not take part in them in our own way , awww shucks don't you think it's such a waste ? 

Happy Deepavali to all of you .

Location : Penang 

No comments: