Saturday 21 October 2017

Feminine Cafe - what's in the box ?


Are they macaroons ?  Cake perhaps ?
Well hurry up and open the box will you ?



Tadaaaaa....

shoes ! Chunky denim criss cross platform shoes to be exact .
Am I boring you ? Lol ...too bad .




For those faintly interested , Feminine Cafe is a Japanese brand with a real brick and mortar presence in the Land of the Rising Sun . Their autumn booties are the most popular product rather than the platform shoes below . While I did try the booties out , I found that they did not suit my age , ( it'll look great on a young girl in her 20s but I'm fast approaching 50 ) so I settled for this .



Every single one of their designs are as cute and sexy as they claim to be . When I first spotted them , I let out a gasp because well , you know how impossible it is to shop without a care in the world in Japan , unless your name is Chryseis Tan you know ? 
Um , now you can ....just look for the nearest Feminine Cafe store while you are there as the shoes are priced quite reasonably .

These eye popping swathes cost 
MYR 119 btw. 
Not to worry , the chunky heels are not made from real wood 
but some kind of plastic material made to look like an over the top clog .


Probably the chunkiest pair of heels I have to date , the effect slims down my legs instantly .
Seems pretty stable , and yeah , the super chunky size , got my legs stared at A LOT by other women because these are not something everyone can walk around in without tipping over and yet I toddled all over the place in short pants . Quite sure you can find such heels in Prangin Mall , but I'm also positive that you risk breaking an ankle if you so much as sneeze while standing on just polished tiles .


One thing I like about this brand is the movable button . You can shift it from one strap to the other , also comes with an extension clasp , which is fantastic news for ladies with bigger ankles like me .


Just how chunky is it ?
There , take a good look at the base . 
Wonder how long the rubber will last before it wears out though .

If you're intrigued , or are into Japanese fashion , you can search for their designs on instagram with a #femininecafe hashtag , go to their website via  http://www.femininecafe.jp/sp/
 or buy them online via Rakuten . 

Location : Penang

No comments: