Monday 23 October 2017

Hard sell encounter at THAT notorious slimming center


This particular slimming center gained notoriety this year after one customer in Singapore decided to sue them .
Then out of the blue , whaddaya know , I receive an offer via email which proved to be too good to be true . 
Worth approximately 900 ringgit , it sure was tantalising enough for me to take it up .

However , after googling and reading the horrifying reviews online , half of me did not want to go and put myself under such a stressful experience , yet part of me was curious enough to want to find out just how much truth there was to those claims .

I went .




Was supposed to be entitled to a 900 ringgit treatment when in actual fact , the treatment that was given to me was worth just a fraction of the cost.
They broke it up into 2 visits and gave me some creams in a nice little zip pouch.

At this point I'd like to add that those of you who purchased the treatment via a local discount site are in for a nasty shock . The treatment is really worth the price you are paying for girls . Not what is stated before the massive discount .

Right .
So I was prepared for the hard sell already . As well as the body shaming tactics . This is the norm gurls . 
The single most important detail with this place is leaving your cards and valuables with someone else just before you walk in .

Anyway , I was really surprised at just how smooth and seemingly caring the salesperson was . She made it seem as if she understood my problem until it came to getting me to sign up for membership privileges which cost MYR 600  .

Here's how you go about claiming your free treatment without getting scammed into signing up for a costly membership . Make sure you scroll right down to the bottom , to find out the biggest trick which works time and time again .

1. Read the fine print 

DO NOT simply put your signature on without first scrutinising the fine print and getting a verbal assurance from the consultant that your session is absolutely free


2. Leave your cash and cards at home

They will try their utmost to get you to sign up for their membership and dangle all sorts of offers in front of you . And yes , it's true that you will be asked about all the cards that you possess because they are out to milk you before you leave the shop . 
I overcame this part by not having a single item on me apart from my IC . She tried to get me to call someone to help me cough out a couple of hundreds but I told her that if I told my hubby that , when I first told him that it was a free pass , well , he's not gonna like that or me very much for the rest of the day . 
Just remember this : they cannot force you if you stand your ground firmly but nicely

3. Poker face , don't take it to heart

You need to have skin as thick as the earth's core because she's just gonna blab on and on about everything that is wrong about your body , hint that you will have marital problems  and in so many words , tell you that by signing up , all your problems will poof ! be gone . End up , your hubby will be as possessive as hers , your health will be in tip top form , you will live a stress free and perfect life .
If you choose to believe her though , maybe this post isn't for you . Move on please .

4. NEVER lead them on 

When she asked me if I would be interested in the membership , I looked her firmly in the eye and said " No " .
Do not let them think that they can change your mind . 
If you are ONLY interested in claiming the free treatment , say it out . Be frank and straight to the point . Cut the chase short . Stop beating round the bush .
Not doing so could make you open to their demands that you pay up for additional treatments rendered . 
Yep , I've never been more serious . You need to take good note of that .


5. Be content with what's given or else ....

As per the point above , if I were to insist that they give me treatment worth the full amount , I am pretty sure , they'll harass me into paying for it some way or another . So be content and be glad that you can walk out debtless ok ? 


Verdict : Am I saying that this place scams potential customers ? Yes they do but only if you fall for the hard sell tactics . 

So what's the big trick : 
I have a weighing scale at home and just before my appointment , I weighed myself just to be sure .
True enough , when I stepped on THEIR weighing scale , I had miraculously gained 2 kilos of which I was sure would dramatically disappear after the first treatment . Amazing . Works everytime .

You can avoid falling for it , by following the steps I highlighted above and walk out with some stubborn fat zapped away .
Oh , and don't forget to let the nice lady know , that you actually did weigh yourself , thus there must be something wrong with their machine for you to gain between 1 to 2 kilos upon arrival .

 Does their treatment work ?

I went in the afternoon and had to empty my bowels by dinner time . My stools were a yellowish mud brown colour which sort of indicates an inflammation which isn't good news actually . I feel that it did help a little in breaking up stubborn fat , but at what expense for those who decide to take a whole programme eh ? 
If you think I haven't been on one , well I have , with a rival company and it just made me feel a little more perky than usual with none of the discoloured stools I am experiencing with this outlet . 
I got sponsored on that one , went in for 8 or 10 sessions worth MYR 5K and you wouldn't even have realised that I was going there regularly hons . Cos it barely made a difference .
Ultimately the choice is yours . Me , I'd stay away .

Location : Penang 





No comments: