Tuesday 5 December 2017

Mad about bags from Brands Outlet


Ok I've officially gone nuts over the bags sold in this store . Wanna know why ? 
Despite some slight flaws , it's the price and design that gets me .




Being from the Padini umbrella consisting of Padini , Vincci , PDI , Brands Outlet and Trio , I always thought that Vincci was ( at least initially , I believe that was their main intention ) the forefront affordable brand which presented us Malaysian women with some of the best fashion options , hot off the runway . Today , I think their bags are a bit overpriced till I have to wait for them to hold a sale and yet still have to check the hardware for me to come to a final decision on whether to buy or not to buy the bag in contention .

Still , I had no inkling as to the speed with which this group churns out new designs intended not only for us , but the global market too ! I believe they act as a supplier to major respectable retailers all over the world !
You can say that they make bags ( and clothes ! ) as fast as a journalists deadline . Yes it took this long for me to come to that realisation on just how quick they are on the draw and I'm mighty impressed !

Enter Brands Outlet . An alternative that allows us mere peasantry to switch bags as often as Princess Dr Becky Leogardo ! It's a great alternative for those who don't mind the tiny flaws which most times are not visible to the eye and non existent to those who don't demand perfection . Perfect for me !

See , it all began in September , when I snapped up these 2 mini quilt pattern structured bags priced at MYR 39.90 each . I still love these 2 and take great care with the gold strap to delay it from tarnishing .




Then , since I'm always popping in to check if they've got yet another killer dress on the rack just waiting for me  , towards the end of last month , I acquired this unusual blue structured bag for just MYR 29.90 , which by the way has completely sold out in Penang as of today .
This particular colour seems to be everywhere right now , in Kate Spade , Ralph Lauren and even Michael Kors so this shade is extremely hot currently . While the exact name is cause for argument , if you ask me , I'd say it's a glacier blue .


Not enough , over the weekend , I picked up this dirty pink saddle bag .


Later , as I was scrolling through my newsfeed , gasp ! I realised that the ChloƩ below was almost similar to what I'd just purchased with the exception of the round gold plated holder , placement of the horseshoe , side clasp and the size of the holes in the bag strap , you'd need an internet connection to be able to tell them apart !

Of course the ChloƩ costs MYR 6k and is made of lambskin , but since mine was a close lookalike , and cost me all of MYR 29.90 only , I was now more determined to go hunt for other gems .


And yes I was successful . Here's what I found today .

1. A brown perforated bag ( see first pic all the way above ) . Price : MYR 29.90

2. This rose embroidered structured messenger bag with with a gold link strap priced at MYR 39.90 .
 My first ugly vintage bohemian gypsy bag . Yeah , even ugly can be chic. Sighhhhhhhh....


3 . Floppy bucket bag .
Price : MYR 39.90 .
It's elegant and pretty stunning .
Somehow , it's true colour does not show up in the picture below so I'll have you know that it's a cross between a mustard yellow and lime green .
There's 2 rings for you to hold onto as well as a strap for the times you wanna sling it across your body  .


There are others but I like these the most and if you think you like them too , go get them for yourself ASAP .
The blue one is gone , finito , extinct , sold out , as far as Penang is concerned , so try searching for it in other states and hopefully you'll get lucky .

Location : Penang

No comments: