Saturday 24 September 2016

Benefit Brow Masters Workshop



Some of you may have seen the post before this .
I slept it over and upon waking up , I found reason to go ahead and resolve my brow problem .

I've spent the entire day gathering an arsenal of tools to do my eyebrows and I can tell you that thanks to this workshop , a change in my attitude towards one more positive , as well as what was told to me by one of the brow artists ,I finally had enough courage and fire in me to get my brows drawn properly once and for all .
Redoing it again and again till now ( for goodness sakes ) when I think I am confident enough to step out and face the world with much better drawn brows ( by me ! ) thank you very much .






 So this was the mini class I attended yesterday . The artists work costumes were all so cute and perky especially when they donned those bunny ears and pinafore wrap aprons . Absolutely adore their simple get up .
All the girls had fabulous , elegant,  beautiful , much desired eyebrows which we participants wanted to replicate .





So yes , I really came to learn because I think it is time I tackled this handicap of mine  . I'm fed up with having to go au naturale and we're going to see if these brow professionals can eventually show me the light . 




Here was the open air workshop with 10 or 12 participants  seated very tightly together inside the Sephora store .




 And these tools were what I hoped would help transform my pathetic excuse of an eyebrow which I've always struggled with into something that would transform me from my usual bohemian hippie make up free face which THAT annoying Myanmar boy cannot seem to resist . ( yes ladies , my uglifying plans have all failed miserably , he is still at it ).
It's a no brainer but still worth a shot . I'm thinking that maybe if I went ahead and plastered on makeup he will finally quit . 






Training soon commenced and we were introduced to New Browvo a primer gel ,
then the Goof Proof Brow Pencil where we were shown how to mark the 3 positions to shape the beginning , arch and tail end .
Once filled in , I put on some extra Gimme Brow for the fun of trying it out , then later on the High Brow Glow a brow highlighter to bring some definition to the overall look .
Sadly we only used the Brow Zing for the mirror .

While I wasn't used to the Cara Delevingne eyebrows that were eventually plastered onto my frame , what I really liked was the personal tips and pep talk given by 3 of the brow artists . One used her hand to show me a very quick 3 step shortcut , the other suggested I try their waxing services which would make brow drawing a piece of cake once my stray ends were tamed , but I most appreciate what Yvonne Choong said to me. She told me to be brave , draw as often and I would eventually get it .
I took her advice and practiced all day the very next day and ended up a bit more pleased with my handiwork .




Anyway ,  this is Benefits latest limited edition kit which I did not purchase lol .




Instead I got busy with the sample gifts given to all of us that afternoon .




Did I benefit from it ? I think so .
Partly because of the pep talk which inspired me till I wanted to make what I'd just learnt happen for me and it did because I put the theory to work and tweaked it according to my facial structure and skin tone  .


Location : Sephora , Penang 

No comments: