Tuesday 25 April 2017

Portulaca are sunroses


That this tiny flower can make me feel so madly happy at the mere sight of their brilliant blooms , may not make sense to some of you . 
But it does you know ? 


Started off with the Portulaca Grandiflora which I bought from the local Tesco for around 10 ringgit ( it was so huge I managed to harvest another 8 small pots worth of cuttings which I hang in another location ) and while this picture shows you a mere 2 blooms , today , they rewarded me with so many , I felt on top of the world . Gosh . Had to rush out so I made a note to take more pics when I got back from town later .

Unlike the norm , mine bloom at around 10am and so I thought I had enough time to snap another pic but alas when I came home , which was around 4 o'clock ( another name for the plant ) they were shut tight .



Update ( 25.04.2017 ) : here you go . This morning's blooms ...followed by the 8 smaller reharvested pots ( had to transfer them on this side as it has more sunlight )


The 8 small pots weren't getting enough sun , thus the plants were getting thin and straggly with only 1 bud today . Will return them to the original spot once they get fatter



Coming to the Purselane , this is actually my first time tending to this plant , but I'm already feeling the magic and understanding why so many home gardeners are obsessed over it ....it stays open far longer than the grandiflora and the leaves look so cute when they go to sleep in the evening !



Update : 27th April 2017

11 buds this morning




Both species are doing really well , despite the sea salt in the air ,yeah , so I'm really pleased with them .
They're sooooooo pretty !

Location : Penang 


No comments: