Saturday 26 April 2014

Little Kurdistan - Kadinlar Pazari






In my confusion, I thought I had failed at locating little Kurdistan . Had mistakenly thought it was inside Fatih.
Hence few hours later, as I made my way out, I started looking for Siirt Seref to grab a buryan bite it was famed for.



Ngeh ngeh ngeh. 
Of course that called for another pose , just for the " I was here " record.




Stopped for a moment when I saw this food truck just outside the ancient brick structure.
Had earlier seen people in the park relishing the pile on the inside that resembles fennel.
The pink one is known as ickin, a type of mountain banana.




Being slanty eyed and tanned, I wanna tell you something funny about this picture below.
The entire row of men having tea here were staring at me until I took out my camera.
Lolz. Man tamer this gadget. I love it ! 




This is the scene that greeted me once past the Aqueduct.
Totally another world altogether and I just fell in love with this place on the spot.
If only they had more seating areas especially for ladies to just hang around this tiny park, it would be perfect !




Waited for the camera shy crowd to clear for a shot of this sweet little enclave.




Ickin amd that fennel looking veg really seems to be in season.
There were quite a couple of vendors hawking it.




Some of the nuts , beans and grains sold in the shops are unique to the area cos I didn't see some of these being sold in the Spice Market.



Walked till as far as here before turning back.




Location : Fatih

No comments: