Thursday 4 December 2014

Chanel No.5 - sometimes a better deal can be struck at department stores


Perfumes are sold at duty free prices here in Malaysia so go ahead, join the throngs , treat yourself and buy it on a whim. The best thing is, since Xmas is such a tremendous sales booster, yes even in snowless, sunny Malaysia, experienced shoppers can really use this adrenaline pumping period to their advantage. 
Think about it. Competition will be stiff. If the sales personnel refuses to throw in a freebie, walk away. 
Learn to expect a free gift. Be assertive. 
The companies here have provided their counter staff with so much freebies as a sales aid / incentive /tool, some even engage in trade offs with staff from other counters . They can indulge in that side hobby, because they kept it from you since you didn't ask for it.
Remember that.



Me, I pestered the counter boy for a miniature. He said there was none. Not convinced I told him in an impatient tone...
" Well then, what else have you got ? No free gift ? Show me something worth my time" 
He gave me a choice between skincare samples ( um no )  and this 2 zippered silky magnetic Chanel pouch ( oooo, yes , now we're talking ) 


Ah, progress.
Next he tells me I can also go and claim MYR 30 vouchers back as a shoppers incentive from the store who is eager to amp up their sales. Awesome. 
Needless to say, I'm delirious over my latest acquisition . Delighted. Over the moon. So happy, I'm sleeping ala Marilyn Monroe tonight. No, you didn't read that.
And tomorrow, I'm gonna sit somewhere hot so I have an excuse to fan myself with the nice soft pouch. 

By the way, if anyone from Luprim Sdn Bhd is reading this, hey, you know, it would be really nice if you guys could come up with coffret sets complete with festive ribbons and all.

Location : Chanel counter , Parkson

No comments: