Friday 20 February 2015

What are the chances


Wrong move stopping at the Siam BTS , it would be too far to walk to our intended destination. What to do but go one level down and backtrack to Chit Lom.
We get off in no time and as we make our way to the exit, I turn to look in the direction of the train doors.
I turn because that's our spontaneous reaction to someone eyeballing you. True enough , there's someone staring back at me. He's dressed in a crisp white long sleeve shirt . Very spiffy. Surprisingly. 
He's looking , I'm looking. Blank. Nothing. I turn away and move on .

It's now 1am. Just back after a long day running round the 6 major shrines plus I finally got Ph'kem to do my hair. The man has magic fingers.
Now my gawd it dawns on me that the person on the train could have been the pretty elusive Richard Barrow. 
What are the chances of coming face to face with someone you always see on the social network. I'd like to think that it happened today. 
With the rub off effect of a passing encounter with a rock star. I wish I could have run after him and asked him if he was really him but in reality that would never happen since I prefer to gawk from the safe perimeters of the social network

No comments: