Monday 13 April 2015

But this is an Indian movie you know ?


We had a few hours to kill. Let's watch an Indian movie then.
At the ticket booth, I ask the girl for a suggestion. 
" Which is better ? Komban ?  Or Detective Byomkesh ? "
The pretty Indian lass looks shocked. She's probably wondering whether these 2 Chinese people are lost in Bukit Jambul. But she manages to keep her tongue in check.
" I have watched Komban already but not the other . Komban is a Tamil movie and Detective Byomkesh is a Hindi one " she adds on . Settled on the Hindi one , though the movie poster was oddly Tin Tin inspired.





Popcorn. We need some popcorn before rushing to the usher's counter.
My hands are full so I ask him 
" Which hall do we go to ? "
On the presumption that we're watching Fast & Furious 7 , he blurts out 
" Hall 4 " 
He does a double take and then stammers
" Eh , no. Hall 1 "

I nod and proceed up the short flight of stairs.
Whaddaya know.
He's following us from the back. I ignore him and walk thataway .
He can't stand it no more.
" But this is an Indian movie you know ? "

" I know " 




The movie was great by the way , thank god for subtitles. 
The 3 oriental characters in the show, 1 of whom spoke Hindi flawlessly and when I laughed not on cue , it unsettled a few guys behind us into silence since you can't tell one slitty eyed nationality apart from the other. I guess they thought that we were Nepalese .

 This was an Indian movie after all you know ? 

No comments: