Wednesday 10 February 2016

12000 miles from Beijing


Snapped this pic in front of the Madame Tussaud ' s promotion counter at Siam Centre .
All of a sudden this Chinese lady waltzed into the shot . Personally , I think she is absolutely stunning and more beautiful than the wax model up front .





Anyway , so far , in all of my travels , I have not had the misfortune of meeting many nasty China tourists .
The women I have encountered have so far all been very respectful and extremely polite . And where they had obvious wealth , save for one , none threw their temper or weight around  .

When it comes to the men , all I have ever seen , were best forgotten .

But as fate would have it , oh my gawd , today of all places , I met on a bus , the MOST gallant , most youthful looking 40 something man from China ,on the planet .

There I was rolling up my sleeves to go deal with a Bangla who was leaning too close to my youngest son ...when to my surprise , he , this gentleman tourist from China , sprang to his feet and even helped me take my luggage to the middle of the bus , while saying something unidentifiable to me in Mandarin !
 ( mind you, his wife , whom I initially thought was his mother ! was one seat away .... we joked that she would punish him severely after what he did for me )
Could not believe it . My eyebrows shot up and I had to stop my jaw from dropping .
Now look , this display of chivalry is  very rare  , nearly extinct in this region and the reason why some ladies think they're better off finding a Caucasian life partner  .

Guess he found me very exotic and intriguing , as I found his almond shaped eyes , otherwise composed demeanour and very fine skin very attractive . Yeah , that's basically how we started off on the right footing , chatting in broken English about the tourist attractions in Penang .

More small talk revealed that he came from a city 12000 miles ? from Beijing ....really ? which I cannot register ( ends with Cha / Sha ....sounded like Kwangshan / Guangsha .... I really don't know )

Wedged onto the back seat ready for the winding seaview , he looked happy with the tips I gave him .
Of course, I felt very happy to have met such a person .  No , actually , I'm totally intrigued that there are Chinese men such as him on this planet . My mind is completely blown ! 

Ladies . Talk to them . Both to their men AND womenfolk . Layan them . Ignore all those who tell you all China tourists are horrible and should be duly mistreated .
 I always make it a point to always help them out best as I can . 
Remind yourselves that they are here to discover the country , various cultures and appreciate the little things we take for granted .
 Who knows , you might also end up with a wonderful encounter such as I did today .


No comments: