Thursday 27 July 2017

Kafe Fei Bo Snow Beer - Curry Chicken in Baked Bread


Nope . We're not here for the beer .



We're here for the food .
Since I noticed that almost every table had teet pan taufu ( hot plate tofu ) we ordered one too . In spite of the dish being loaded with soooooo much meats , I'll rate it as passable .


Next .
Bittergourd with salted eggs .
Right . I find myself comparing this to what we can get in Penang and hum , yup , I'll try something else next time .
Feels as if I'm having twisties with salted eggs . The bittergourd is cut so thin , I'll bet it goes well with beer . Just not rice .



More salted egg dishes because there's a person in our midst who insists that the salted egg dishes here are the best .
Sighhhh .
Can't say I'll go wild over these prawns as the underside closest to the shell , were soaked a little too long in oil . 
One great thing , is that they were cheap , so if you love a good deal , maybe you could order prawns here cooked in another style . 


We're just doing our thing with our forks and spoons , while wondering why smokers need to plant themselves right in front of the darned fan , when this finally arrives !



Oh my gawd , fancy finding this here after all this while !
This particular recipe , is THE Ipoh kalei kai ( chicken curry ) which was introduced to me by an Ipoh lady who is no longer in the food business .
A most excellent cook , who was not that fortunate in life , she roasted her own char siew , whipped up yummy lam mee , tungku kai keok and mee yoke during different days of the week . I really miss her cooking and still think the world of her .




Anyway , the texture of the bread is soooo delightfully soft on the inside , with a sweet outer crust  . You're supposed to slowly tear off the bread and soak it in some curry , then eat it ! Yums !
Chicken curry is placed inside aluminium foil shaped into a temporary bowl . Meat cooked with potatoes somehow heightens its flavour with the combination of spices .

It's so delicious  , if I had to find more reasons to come to Ipoh more often , this is it !

Location : Ipoh , Perak

No comments: