Wednesday 23 May 2012

Chin Ho Chiak Charity Food & Fun Fair 2012



A word of caution before I start, the event happened in the middle of April and I have been sitting on the pictures I snapped, all this while of something related to it. Not the actual fair itself.

Laugh all you want but it's been bugging me and I just have to get it off my chest already.

It started when I spotted this sign below, 2 weeks before the actual day.

Due to the fact that they didn't label it as CHIN HO CHIAK , I thought that there was a new makan spot. Thus I followed the sign.

Gleefully rubbing my greedy hands . I imagined I was going to be among the first few to try it out ! Whatever it was. Yeah ! Wow, got unloading some more. Must be a nice restaurant.



To this next one.

Inspiring.




Onto this one.

I'm pumped.

But scratching my head because I just realised the signs go either way.



Drive till we see this small one at the corner.

Must be close.




Nope. Wrong.

But I'm not giving up.

Just follow the sign.

Gems take some unearthing.




Until we come to this.

Now I'm confused.




Because the direction points to this place.

Which, as far as I know, does not have a restaurant.




Still, I wanted to be 1000 percent sure. Thus we drove in only to have to make a red faced u turn to exit this entrance .

If you think we were alone, other 'treasure hunters' followed us in, up and down, the u turn slope . Last I counted, there were 5 cars tailing us.

I don't know about the others, but I certainly felt like such a big fool. Went home to eat bread with jam. Shy only.

Next time, can someone tell the organisers of this event not to put motivating signs like this so early ?


No comments: