Tuesday 19 June 2012

Toy Street


On my second trip here, I came a little too late. It was dark already, a typhoon just passed and most of the shops were already closed.
Still I managed to get an extremely good quality immitation 12 inch plastic toy that cost me just RM$10 ( I think they would milk $80 to $120 off me, back home for the same item because it was so well made, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference )

So,many years down the road, here I am again . I've taken the MTR this time from Kowloon Island . Last time I took the tram because I was staying on Hong Kong Island.




Toy street was remarkably easy to locate. We just crossed the street and found it immediately




Alas,I was quite dissapointed as I found the toys sold in the shoplots here, not very cheap compared to Malaysia.

Also I thought that there were too few for me to want to spend the entire afternoon here.There are so few shops I really began to wonder why the heck they even bothered to name it such . You can go through every toy shop here in under 2 hours.

Just as we were about to give up, we found this bargain from a makeshift stall in the street.

Now, let me tell you that I have always turned my nose up against fake building blocks. Out of curiosity, I held one in my hand and it changed my view forever .

Such a good copy it can put one company out of business I tell you.






Due to the fact that it cost a ridiculous RM12 or so only for one box that would cost $100 above for the real stuff, we went ahead and splurged on 3 more.

This is the second one.

My only regret is not getting the bigger,more elaborate sets.

Till next time !




No comments: