Thursday 30 August 2012

Hay's Galleria


 We've reached Hay's Galleria, a wharf from the 1800s converted into a shopping arcade .
I wouldn't go out of my way to see this place, it's just that we're cutting through to get to the tube on the other side of this building.



The names they give their pubs...

It's full house in here



The crowd inside is quite boisterous as
everyone seems to be nursing a beer.

Pass....



This is the entrance.

The roof you see is styled after a Victorian era railway station. Reminds me of one art gallery in Paris and another arcade in Sydney.



Somewhere in the middle lies an intriguing sculpture by David Kemp called The Navigators



It's a vessel with fins ,harpoons,moving parts and all



Second time here and I'm still not compelled enough to try out one of the cafes



The back road where we eventually found the tube station has livelier options. Putting this area on my KIV list



No comments: