Monday 17 December 2012

(U) Aini Sajian Selera - Sg Perak R&R Northbound


It's not easy trying to find good food at the many R&R's these days . That's why I always make it a point to stop here whenever I'm passing by.



Although lots of customers pick this simple, cheap meal off the shelf .....




...they're really famous for their  
Tempoyak ikan patin.
Getting them to scoop it onto a separate dish for me.



Then again, tempoyak or fermented durian, is an acquired taste. 2 years ago, one of the servers tried to persuade me from ordering this dish ." You won't like it, you will return it to me like most other Chinese customers and tell me my fish has gone bad " .Had to reassure her that I loved it. Still she was not convinced and eyed me for sometime as I polished my plate .

This whole set $6



It's now the height of the Kuala Kangsar durian season and the curry is sweeter, silkier, more robust and fragrant than usual.
Add to that the explosive kick from lethal bird's eye chilli....and...Hoh mai gawd...
The fish is fresh, tender, skin peels off beautifully, the fat near the stomach region is to die for.
I'm in heaven !!!



Bamboo shoots are called pucuk rebung in Malay, if I'm not mistaken. Also very good.


Couldn't resist trying out one



$1.50 only
This is what you get
Egg bigger than those on Penang island, fresh ikan bilis ( not zombie one) and REAL banana leaf.



The only thing that you must bear in mind is that, this is not the ritz. It's hot , extremely stuffy and full of smokers. Don't say I didn't warn you

Location : Sungai Perak R&R stop on the NSE

Directions : along the North South Expressway after Ipoh, cross a tunnel, drive on till you see a sign that says Sg Perak R&R


No comments: