Tuesday 22 April 2014

Gala Kokorec






This is kokorec, stuffed sheep's intestines and I am determined to try it today since it's reputed to be good.





Best place I could think of was here.
Coz there was a huge crowd yesterday just lining up for this.




Very young lads are put in charge of the outlet.
And they do their job most admirably if I may say so.
Nice and friendly chaps, good with first time tourists like me.






The menu's up on the wall, in case you didn't notice.





" Gimme what everyone's having " I tell the waiter.
" You want spicy or not ? " he asks back
" Spicy " 




Open it up and you can see how many things the stuffed roasted intestines were cooked together with.
Chopped vegies, tons of spices.
Intestines were kinda tough and the smell is kinda of strong.
For others kokorec may be an acquired taste but I love this tremendously from the start already.
The inside of the bread is soft and fluffy while the outside crusty .
Yums from me.



Location : at the fringes of the Spice Market, along the main road in Eminonu

No comments: