Friday 20 June 2014

The white moth pays a visit


Living on Penang island, near the hills, makes it easier for insect and bird watching. Thus while most people have to go to specific parks to see things like stick insects, all I have to do is wait for the next surprise visitor to pop by.
This white moth is one such example. 
Yeah, that's my hand there.


Upon googling, I came across differing views...from being a bad sign, to the soul of a departed relative a visiting. Because of the first reason, some people actually go all out to kill them. Geez. Me, even if this moth's presence is less than desired by some , no can do for me. 
I think it's special. Never seen a white moth , let alone have it hop onto my hand and allow me to snap pics of that moment.


 Such a lovely living specimen...I mean, why snuff it out over some superstition , right ? Even if there is some truth to it, I'm not killing nothing.
 As I brought it out to release it into the garden, it decided to fly off and hide in some corner. 

No comments: