Monday 24 November 2014

Part 2 recap - day 2,3 and 4


We start off day 2 next to the Marmara Sea. There's no problem in getting a good breakfast today since I'm comfortably cocooned at the Tashkonak


Ilhan ( guy's got a wicked sense of humour lol ) gives us directions and the journey here to Edirnekapi is quite an adventure which I did not record on camera.
Involved a tram ride to the Grand Bazaar, a walk to the back of the Istanbul University and later a bus ride with locals wondering if I was lost. The bus driver was a nice gallant chap btw.
What I want to remember is this short climb out from Chora towards Gross supermarket on the left


As well as , don't laugh, the shiny , beautiful condiment array at Seyidoglu


Not forgetting the nice manager at Seyidoglu


Day 3.
Hearty breakfast with no suffering. Now this is what I'm talking about


The scary hole in the still thriving tree.
See the marble hut ? That's a really busy teashop mind you. Can't see the teamaker, only his hands are occasionally visible when he places drinks to be delivered through the openings


The Topkapi guard that gave me " the scary look "


Tünel tram station with some anniversary hoardings on top over at Taksim.


One last peep at the funicular tram


Istiklal with so side many lanes to explore, you'll need to dedicate an entire day to complete the task


The  bunch of street musicians I hope do well


Day 4.
This can be annoying. I know. But I still love this instaweather app that doubles up as my record the moment diary. Hang on about to finish.


The highlight of the last day.
Quite possibly the most handsome man in Kucukayasofya, Sultanahmet and beyond the Bosphorus , we finally met up with the very busy Ismail. If you're lucky enough to meet him, you too will agree that he has quite a personality that lends a touch of prestige and class to all that he does.


Lovely stay 

Location : Istanbul 

No comments: