Saturday 22 November 2014

Street performers on Istiklal Avenue


Where the red tram ends is where one can come across small pockets of street performers. I don't know what their arrangement is but on my first trip there was even a black guy from the US rapping in front of a truly appreciative Turkish audience.
But my jaw still dropped because I never expected to see Native Indians over on this part of the world !



No one really paid attention to their mumbling and strumming because their get up was so super distracting all they needed to do was stand in the corner and shuffle a bit.
That's a full head dress yo.


Amazing . The costume is just amazing .


It was when we passed by this group of musicians that I felt 
compelled to fork out something into the guitar case.
The lilting melodies were pleasant to the ears but their downtrodden spirit moved me enough to hold my head up high and make a U turn back towards Galatasaray




Location : Istiklal Avenue, Taksim


No comments: