Monday 15 December 2014

3 coins in the Trevi is no joking matter.


Every day 3,000 Euros worth of coins are thrown into the Trevi. Even when it's dry. Why ? Because if you throw 1 coin in, it is said that you will return. I did. But I kinda screwed up on my return trip.




Because it was closed for renovations, hope that explains the dry pool, I first threw 1 coin into a mock up pool in front of the fountain. This walkway which was supposed to be open was closed the 2 times we came here. Therefore I thought that the closure was permanent. Mulled for a while about flinging the coin in from outside but my travel partner told me " what happens if you hit a construction worker ? "
Mock up pool it was fated to be then.



Then all of a sudden, the walkway was open ! Aargh ! Unthinkingly, I joined the queue and dropped a coin somewhere along the left side of this photo.
At that moment I was reasoning that this was the proper place to do it and the outside pool probably didn't count.


See my momentarily happy face after I'd thrown 1 more coin into that usually very hard to reach pool behind me.
There are implications for throwing more than 1 coin into the Trevi .
1 coin to return, 2 to find love, 3 to get married in Rome. 
Is there anyway to reverse what I just did ? Don't ask me how, but the magic does truly work. Even when the pool is dry. Just hoping only 1 coin counts.



Location : Rome

2 comments:

Snuze said...

Dang. I should have kirim 3 Euros for you to toss into the fountain on my behalf.

Glad you had a good time, Ms. Goh!

gostansikit said...

Thanks Snuze :) the 3 coin effect works almost instantly, how to pass him back to you then ? Lol.