Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Sydney summer filled with activities


This summer, I got to do all the things I ever wanted to do in  
Sydney.

Like taking silly jump shots at the Opera House for example . Don't laugh, we did after all, help trigger the selfie stick trend in Europe. 


It's also the best time to go baking under the sun even if you end up looking like a red lobster with clothes on ! Yes !


If you come just after Christmas , you'll have a bonus. The Sydney To Hobart Yatch race starts then. 70th edition this  year . 


While whale watching is a winter activity, we got to see playful dolphins up close


Vantage spots look far better during summer



Not only that, you can chute straight into the sea on the back of the boat. Toss around and try to hold on tight as the small waves slam into you.


And end up looking crazy satisfied .
No joke. I got some knicks and knocks but it sure was fun.
No, I did not go in fully clothed but you are not seeing me in my two piece. 



Aboriginal photo session.
Ah well, since this activity is held indoors, doesn't matter when you arrive. Still, a one of a kind cultural experience 


Farm visits. 
After watching a small girl get kicked by a kangaroo, I kept a safe distance. No, this wasn't the culprit. Happened in another place which I'm not naming 


Sandboard activites near Anna Bay


Admiring Blue Mountains pretty flowers.
They're everywhere by the roadside and on lawns



Watching the Spectacular firework show at Darling Harbour .
No, you don't need to wait for the famous New Year one exactly on the dot. Google to find the exact dates and times after Christmas, for shows in the run up to the New Year's eve event


Bondi Beach.
Woooh ! A must visit just to see the magnificent bronzed bodies , strip and enjoy the surf.
Excuse the cellulite. People will not be looking ar you as there are many fine specimens out there. 



Everyone's more upbeat during summer. You'll leave with plenty of good memories .




2 comments:

Tokyo in Pics said...

By the looks of the pics Goh I think you enjoyed your trip!! I really wish I could at least watch the Sydney-to-Hobart live on my TV like I used to. It really is a fantastic Sydney event. And visiting Bondi beach, the Opera House .... must have been a great holiday. I haven't been there for 30 years and would love to go back!

gostansikit said...

We were so lucky to get near the starting line on the Sydney to Hobart yatch race...the timing was right and Sydneysiders were out in full force , up in vantage points taking in the event. The trip was remarkable , great time to drop in for a short visit :)