Wednesday 3 December 2014

Bar Paninoteca aka Golden Bar aka Bar Crociferi -Piazza Crociferi's cheat restaurant uses different names



Update : No wonder I couldn't find any bad reviews on tripadvisor initially. When bad reviews go up, they merely change names ! 
Bar Paninoteca is also know as Golden Bar , Bar Crociferi and they have cheated countless customers. Including €3 out of muah. Beware and stay off this piazza. 
-----------------
Situated on one of the quieter lanes , at a small piazza just off the Trevi Fountain, we scanned the prices on the menu found outside the shop before walking in.



Small , sparse but homely, I asked the waiter for a menu .
" We don't have a menu " he told me with a straight, but smiling face.
" You don't ? " I got up , walked to the menu board outside and pointed out 2 items that cost € 4.50 each to the lady boss who nodded . 


Next, I asked him
" How much is your coffee ? " 
" € 4 " he replied
" Whaaaaattttt ?????? " my eyes said what my mouth held
back.And that was when he told me they had a €2 coffee
" Ok , we'll have that. Two please "
LOL !!!! ( refer to pic on top ) When it arrived, it was just double the size of our teaspoon ) the look my travel partner gave me , made me giggle non stop .
" How on earth are we gonna stay warm with this ? " he hissed " no wonder everyone's drinking wine instead of eating "
" Maybe we should ask for some ice "
Gahahahaha


Terribly hard roll. Chewy as expired gum, tough as a donkey's hide. Yes I had to take a bite after seeing his contorted expression. Maybe we got this so that we'd have to order another cup of €2 coffee. Thanks but not thanks. Maybe that's why they handed us 3 different sauces. Down it like a python he did. LOL LOL LOL !
Meat was ok, cheese was ok, overall not very inspiring.
Not €4.50 as advertised on the menu outside, but €6 .
Something we only discovered upon asking for the bill.


Dry texture, no oil whatsoever, nice cheese, ok ham
€6 inside not €4.5o like what the board says outside.
Primo Piatto it said on the receipt . For both orders, even this Panini.



Were we cheated ? Shrug.
Didn't stay back to argue over the €16 grand total. It was only €3 extra. Not gonna waste my breath over that. But thank goodness I didn't order something more substantial, or I might have to there and then.
Maybe it was the charge for sitting in.  We'll never know cos I'll never come back.
Anyway, this explains why some people get so angry. Just got to be careful and walk out if the waiter ever tells you there is no menu when there is clearly one out front.

Address ( yes, you'll need to know exactly where this is )  : 
Bar Paninoteca, La Fonte Torrato, Es.e.D.f. , Piazza dei Crociferi, 5/6 , 00187 Roma 

Location : Rome

No comments: