Sunday 21 December 2014

Ginger with lemon gelato - Punto Gelato


Punto Gelato serves gelato as good as those found at Cremeria Monteforte just outside The Pantheon.
At least to me that is, however a quick Google reveals that the owner is a Gelato Master who's a stickler for using only the finest natural ingredients that enhance the robust or creamy flavours to such an extent, you might even wonder why you bothered eating French sorbets before this.



As with any good gelato place, there are so many combos to choose from . Apparently they churn out 20 flavours on a daily basis. This place is priced slightly higher but I was really delighted to have picked an unusual flavour I never saw coming


Ginger with lemon. I say ....my head almost exploded . 
 Out of the 3 combo flavours piled on this one cone, it lay at the bottom and made me feel like I was suckling on sweet and spicy ginger nectar freshly ground off a hill station in Pahang. I guess the Plose delle Dolomiti water really does the trick. The cone was meh....but the wafer ...delicate and aromatic. Used it as a spoon to scoop and savour, well just in case I give off the wrong vibe with each lick . Best to play safe geez.



It is now December and my mouth still waters as if I just tasted this yesterday.
Remember this place and pray that this flavour will feature on the day you get there. If it is, well , you might feel like you did all the right things in the world to deserve this treat !

Location : Via dei Pettinari, Rome

No comments: