Friday 16 January 2015

Tailed by a gang in the hypermart



Yesterday I got followed by who I thought was a house detective in a hypermart. These are people employed by the supermarket who are dressed in plainclothes and look like shoppers, rempit, servicemen , even old ahpeks, mostly men . Not the first time , has happened many times before , very annoying as I am fully aware of their presence. 
This time however, I got real fed up and started following him exactly like in the same manner as what he did to me ( yup, thanks to this occuring once too often, this class action is my new year resolution )

You know what ? He got scared ! He tried to loose me and then he met up with what looked like his wife in another aisle to throw me off his trail.
Remember, the woman is a tactic to throw you off guard. But I wasn't afraid , and I knew the woman trick and both were gone after that. Less than 2 minutes later a BACK UP turned up. He tailed me again before I loudly admonished him for following me . 
I got fed up and went out to pay for my purchases. However I was not gonna let this incident pass.
Approached the customer service ( mungkin you nampak kaya lor she said to me ) who passed me to the manager whom I spoke to at length.

The alarming conclusion : 


1. Yes they have a house detective but not the guy/guys/ woman tag team who were tailing me

2. Their cctv is only focused on only one high theft area hence they could not view who these scums were over their cctv. So these people probably have inside info ? Could be workers inside letting them know what cctv areas to avoid. This tells you both how dangerous they are.

3. There have been pickpocketing cases and snatch theft incidents in the carpark. 

How to spot these lowlifes and avoid being a victim of crime :

1. If you see the same person in 3 different aisles a distance away from you. You stop, he stops but he looks elsewhere pretending not to look at you. Read the body language. His face will be away but his leg or trolley pointing towards you

2. They work in teams and there will be a woman involved . 

3. There will be a lookout smoking ciggeys and using his phone by the entrance of the carpark. They see what car you come out of and mark you. They pass the info to those inside and they will start tailing you. Once you come out, another new guy in the carpark will be there. If the person inside does not make off with your bag, chances are he's trying to see what gadgets etc cash you have on you that will make you a target downstairs.

Don't let yourself be a victim. And don't be afraid to frighten them. Take their picture. There will be different people each time ( they operate as a gang / syndicate with a woman who may look like a sweeper or mother ) but at least you have done your part and helped keep another shopper safe. If I didn't approach the manager , I probably would have walked to the carpark with my bag swinging. This time I didn't.

No comments: